Ive always had a sweet tooth, and Im proud of it!
Sure, I try not to overindulge in too many sweets, but its unlikely that Ill ever turn down a sugary treat when offered. After all, its just good manners!
That said, whenever possible, I try to skip out on store-bought desserts in favor of making my own.
I find that when the dessert on offer is a batch of cookies, or my absolute favorite salted caramelcheesecakes, I have an easier time resisting. Maybe its because I know Ill always be able to make them again.
Of course, there are a handful of yummy treats that I never tried to recreate at home mostly because I had never seen it done, and didnt realize it was even possible.
Such was the case with one of my all-time favorite candies: gummy bears! I love these chewy treats, but I never even imagined that there might be a recipe for making them at home.
Turns out, not only is it totally possible, its actually incredible easy and fast. Were talking less than 30 minutes here, people!
If that sounds like your kind of cooking, print out the recipe below to make these delightful sweets at home!
- 1 oz. unflavored gelatin powder
- 3 oz. lime gelatin powder
- 3 oz. grape gelatin powder
- 3 oz. cherry gelatin powder
- 3 oz. orange gelatin powder
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- Gummy bear mold
- Grease your gummy bear mold lightly with cooking oil.
- For every flavor of gummy bear that you want, set up a bowl with a 1/4 oz. of unflavored gelatin and 3 oz. of the flavor of your choosing.
- Add 1/3 cup of water to each bowl. Stir thoroughly.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Microwave each bowl for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat once.
- Spoon different gelatin mixtures into gummy bear mold until full.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove from tray and enjoy!